Regular servicing of your boiler is really important in ensuring the smooth running of your central heating system and potentially avoiding breakdowns which can result in costly repair bills.
It also has the added benefit of making sure that your boiler runs efficiently keeping your energy bills as low as possible in a time when they seem to be constantly climbing.
Your service will be carried at a time to suit you and usually take between 45 – 60 mins.
We will check the following points during your annual service and safety check.
- The operation of the boiler.
- The safety of the boiler and flue system.
- Ensure the boiler is burning the correct amount of gas and that burnt gasses are safely leaving the boiler.
- We will conduct a visual inspection of the heating system and make sure there are no obvious defects.
- If you have a carbon monoxide alarm fitted we will check it is working and in date.
- We will fill out the annual service report which will be emailed to you whilst on site for your records.
We are specialists in appliance fault finding and diagnostics. We will use our expert knowledge to diagnose the fault and repair the appliance in a timely and cost effective manor.
We will issue a breakdown service report and issue you the paperwork via email whilst on site.
As a landlord you should be aware that you are responsible for the safety of your tenants.
Your legal obligations are for:
- Maintenance: gas pipework, appliances and chimney/flues need to be maintained in a safe condition. Gas appliances should be serviced in accordance with the frequency given in the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Gas safety checks: gas appliances and flues must be safety checked annually by a qualified Gas Safe registered engineer.
- Record: a record of the annual gas safety check should be provided to your existing tenants within 28 days of completion, or to new tenants upon the start of their tenancy.
You’ll be pleased to know we can help with all of these and even send reminder emails before your next service is due to ensure you are always meeting your legal obligations.
Let us worry about this for you and you can tick it off your list.
From an online enquiry to a new fully installed boiler installation! We pride ourselves on taking the time to give you the best advise we feel your situation requires. No two installations are the same so we will always carry out a full site survey in advance of giving you a quotation.
All Excel Heating engineers are qualified to work on the following gas appliances:
- Gas meters
- Fires/space heaters
- Range cooker/Aga
- Warm air unit
- Water heaters